By John Horton
Learn the entire Java and Android abilities you want to commence making robust cellular applications
About This Book
- Kick-start your Android programming profession, or simply have a good time publishing apps to the Google Play marketplace
- A first-principles advent to Java, through Android, this means that you may commence development your individual functions from scratch
- Learn by way of instance and construct 3 real-world apps and over forty mini apps through the book
Who This e-book Is For
Are you attempting to begin a occupation in programming, yet have not discovered definitely the right means in? Do you might have a very good concept for an app, yet do not know how you can make it a truth? or perhaps you are simply annoyed that “to examine Android, you need to comprehend java.” if that is so, Android Programming for rookies is for you. you do not need any programming adventure to keep on with in addition to this ebook, only a laptop and a feeling of adventure.
What you'll Learn
- Master the basics of coding Java for Android
- Install and arrange your Android improvement environment
- Build sensible person interfaces with the Android Studio visible designer
- Add person interplay, info captures, sound, and animation on your apps
- Manage your apps' info utilizing the integrated Android SQLite database
- Find out in regards to the layout styles utilized by execs to make top-grade applications
- Build, installation, and submit genuine Android purposes to the Google Play marketplace
Android is the preferred OS on the planet. there are thousands of units gaining access to tens of hundreds of thousands of functions. it really is many people's access aspect into the realm of expertise; it truly is an working procedure for everybody. regardless of this, the entry-fee to truly make Android purposes generally is a computing device technological know-how measure, or 5 years' worthy of Java experience.
Android Programming for rookies can be your better half to create Android functions from scratch―whether you are looking to begin your programming occupation, make an program for paintings, be reintroduced to cellular improvement, or are only trying to software for enjoyable. we'll introduce you to all of the basic ideas of programming in an Android context, from the Java fundamentals to operating with the Android API. All examples are produced from inside Android Studio, the authentic Android improvement setting that is helping supercharge your program improvement process.
After this crash-course, we will dive deeper into Android programming and you can the best way to create functions with a professional-standard UI via fragments, make location-aware apps with Google Maps integration, and shop your user's information with SQLite. furthermore, you will see find out how to make your apps multilingual, catch pictures from a device's digicam, and paintings with portraits, sound, and animations too.
By the tip of this publication, you may be able to begin construction your individual customized purposes in Android and Java.
Style and approach
With greater than forty mini apps to code and run, Android Programming for rookies is a hands-on advisor to studying Android and Java. every one instance program demonstrates a special point of Android programming. along those mini apps, we push your skills by means of construction 3 greater purposes to illustrate Android program improvement in context.
Read or Download Android Programming for Beginners PDF
Similar introductory & beginning books
Gehani N. C. . a sophisticated advent (Computer technology Press, 1985)(ISBN 0881750530)(346s)
With the turning out to be situation approximately groundwater assets either with appreciate to volume and caliber, the necessity for groundwater modelling instruments is expanding. even though there are various very good introductions to the ideas of groundwater circulation and pollutants shipping, the coed or training engineer wishing to enhance a version and do functional paintings at the laptop reveals that there's nonetheless a spot among the knowledge of strategies and the facility to address the particular computations.
This creation to the sector encompasses a cautious choice of issues and examples with no sacrificing medical strictness. the writer courses readers via mathematical modelling, the theoretical therapy of the underlying actual legislation and the development and potent use of numerical tactics to explain the behaviour of the dynamics of actual circulation.
Starting Database-Driven program improvement in Java™ EE: utilizing GlassFish™ makes a speciality of the open resource GlassFish endurance engine. This publication indicates Java programmers tips to increase purposes using relational database applied sciences with examples utilizing Oracle and MySQL and the GlassFish software improvement framework and deployment platform all in response to Java EE.
- Learning MS Dynamics AX 2012 Programming
- Basic Fracture Mechanics. Including an Introduction to Fatigue
- Introduction to parallel computing: [a practical guide with examples in C]
- PIC Programming for Beginners
- BlackBerry Java Application Development: Beginner's Guide
- Java. An Introduction to Computer Science and Programming
Additional resources for Android Programming for Beginners
6. When you get the Do you want the following program to be allowed to make changes to this computer message, click on Yes. You will see the first window of the installation process. 7. Let's step through the setup process a window at a time. Pictured next is the first window that you will see when you start the setup process: [ 16 ] Chapter 1 8. Click on Next. Now we can see a few options, as in this next screenshot: 9. Make sure that all the options have a tick next to them, and then click on Next.
The next window is the license agreement. Click on I Agree and you will see some settings that warrant a short discussion. Take a look at the next screenshot that shows you the Install Locations window: [ 17 ] The First App 11. In this step, we want to install the Android Studio IDE and Android SDK to the same hard drive where we installed the JDK. So you might just be able to click on Next at this point. However, if you've installed the JDK to another drive, then we need to change the drive and the folders we use at this step too.
If you don't see the window pictured as follows, its fine, you can skip to step 13. If you do see the window, proceed to step 12. 12. Understandably, this window could cause confusion if you have never done any Java development before. You might be thinking that we had already chosen the destination folder for Java. We chose the location for the JDK. This window refers to the bog-standard Java—the JRE. This is what runs Java programs on your PC and, since we are developing for Android, we don't need it.
Android Programming for Beginners by John Horton