By Gail B. Slap MD MS
This concise, evidence-based source covers all of modern day need-to-know info to speedy and successfully diagnose and deal with universal adolescent conditions...in an incredibly undemanding structure. simply because it is so compact, clinically orientated, and straightforward to learn, Adolescent drugs: The standards in Pediatrics is a perfect research instrument in addition to a handy reference for perform.
- Includes unique discussions on specified overall healthiness matters, universal clinical difficulties, sexual and reproductive health and wellbeing, behavioral difficulties, and the transition to grownup health and wellbeing care that will help you achieve a greater knowing of the original wishes of the adolescent sufferer.
- Features a logical, constant bankruptcy structure that is helping you discover the assistance you wish fast.
- Presents considerable tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic reviews, treatment/therapy strategies, and information on while to consult a consultant equipping you for each medical problem.
- Discusses controversies about the regular of care by way of thought-provoking medical eventualities that will help you to figure out the easiest plan of action in tricky occasions.
- Provides highlighted bins that emphasize suitable case reports, key issues of every part, and different very important details making you conscious of issues that impression latest perform.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so that you can see info extra clearly.
Read Online or Download Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) PDF
Similar pediatrics books
The absolutely revised new version of assisting childrens with health conditions presents academics and practitioners with a connection with health conditions most ordinarily chanced on among school-aged young ones, together with bronchial asthma, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, eczema, epilepsy, head accidents, middle stipulations, hydrocephalus and spina bifida.
During the last decade, the variety of childrens clinically determined with bipolar affliction has elevated as much as fortyfold. it is a development unique to the us, and person who, alarmingly, ends up in many of the clinically determined children―some nonetheless of their infancy―being prescribed antipsychotic medicinal drugs, frequently together with anticonvulsants.
Your baby doesn't Have Bipolar affliction: How undesirable technological know-how and strong Public family Created the DiagnosiS≪/i> examines this diagnostic fad via a number of lenses. writer Stuart L. Kaplan, MD, attracts seriously on his 40 years of expertise as a clinician, researcher, and professor of kid psychiatry to make the argument that bipolar illness in childrens and children is incorrectly clinically determined and incorrectly taken care of.
Written through the world's premier specialists, this ebook is the main finished reference at the prognosis and administration of pediatric foot and ankle problems. It offers entire, present details at the anatomy, etiology, medical positive factors and presentation, normal historical past, radiographic, MRI, and CT review, and remedy of all congenital and purchased stipulations, either universal and infrequent.
- Nelson tratado de pediatría
- Early diagnosis and therapy in cerebral palsy: a primer on infant developmental problems
- Assessing grammar : the languages of LARSP
- DSM-IV-TR Casebook and Treatment Guide for Child Mental Health
- Overcoming Teenage Low Mood and Depression: A Five Areas Approach
- Handbook of Pediatric Neurology
Additional resources for Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics)
Bessler S: Nutritional assessment. In Samour PQ, King K (eds): Handbook of Pediatric Nutrition, 3rd ed. Sudbury, MA, Jones and Bartlett, 2005, pp. 12–15. Caloric and selected nutrient values for persons 1–74 years of age: First Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. United States, 1971–1974. Vital Health Stat 11 1979;209:1–88. Cavadini C, Siega-Riz AM, Popkin BM: US adolescent food intake trends from 1965 to 1996. Arch Dis Child 2000;83:18–24. : Correlations between family meals and psychosocial well-being among adolescents.
For adolescents who cannot tolerate the examination, providers and families will need to balance the value of cervical cancer screening against risks that may be associated with sedation or anesthesia. Sometimes a needed pelvic examination can be performed when the adolescent is sedated for another procedure, such as dental work. Immunizations Finally, immunizations are particularly important for adolescents with chronic conditions, as they often are at increased risk for diseases that can be prevented by vaccination.
The most common micronutrients that are deficient in vegetarian diets are iron and zinc. Plant-based, non-heme iron is not as readily absorbed as the heme iron found in meat, poultry, and fish. Sources of non-heme iron include soybeans, lentils, dried apricots, wheat germ, blackstrap molasses, and fortified cereals. Absorption is enhanced by consuming iron with vitamin C and by cooking with cast-iron cookware. Absorption is inhibited by polyphenols found in coffee and tea, calcium-rich foods, calcium supplements, fiber, and phytates found in whole grains and legumes.
Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) by Gail B. Slap MD MS